Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yes Men

So I forgot a blog... here is my last one.

I really liked watching this doc in class, I thought it was rather interesting how these guys got away with everything they did. We watched this in preparation for our final assignment, the found footage. The Yes Men did a lot of culture jamming and messing with peoples minds and that is awesome. Anytime you can make someone think you are ignorant or dumber than what you really are and then can throw it back in their faces makes me laugh. This is pretty much what these guys did the whole film and it was great. I did think there were times that some of the footage could have been cut because I felt like it just went on and on and some of the interviews or process to get from one point to another could have been skipped and they could have just moved there without the extra footage.

From what I heard and saw on my netflix, apparently there is another Yes Men in the works and it comes out later this year. I definitely think I will check it out and see what these guys get into next. It just goes to show you that anyone can do anything as long as they put their mind to it.

LWR.

No comments:

Post a Comment