Monday, April 27, 2009

Project Experiences

These are ranked 1-6, with one being my favorite and 6 being my least favorite...

(4th) Assignment One - Elements with film stock (scratching, printing, mag transfers, rayograms, etc)
For this project, it was my forth favorite. I really liked this project as the opener to the semester because it really set the stage for the class. We got to paint, scratch and do magazine transfers in class and learn new techniques using film stock. I had never done anything like this before and found it to be a lot of fun and stress relieving. It just took a while to get all of the footage spliced together and on a reel which I didn't like. I did try the film manipulation by printing on it and I thought this was awesome. If I had more time/ money/ ink, I would have loved to do more of this.

(2nd) Assignment Two - Rhythmic Editing
This was my second favorite assignment. Although it took me almost twelve hours to edit because I wasn't that familiar with Final Cut at the time and didn't know what I was doing, I learned so much doing this project. I learned how to be efficient in Final Cut as well as how to edit rhythmically. I really liked this style of editing and once I got going everything worked out great. I had great feedback from the class and I was really excited about this project. I would like to try this with one theme and see everyones take on it... it would be really interesting.

(5th) Assignment Three - 2D Animation with Super 8
This was my second to least favorite assignment. I like using the Super 8 but after the first hour of doing this we had ran out ideas and our footage just became retarded. Plus, Ross and I got stuck doing the sound scape for this project when we wanted to edit the Bolex footage. Luckily, Ross had a bunch of sounds on his hard drive so we just used them to create the sounds and the edit was pretty easy. We also had extra footage so we could cut some of the stupider stuff that we didn't want and it all worked out. Next time I would like to have planned this out more ahead of time so it didn't look so dumb.

(3rd) Assignment Four - Bolex Shoot
This would have been ranked higher if I would have gotten to edit this. Rob and Dan did a good job editing this, I'm not knocking them, I just wanted to edit this. We had some great footage with Fiberboard 72 and with Joselyn and my acting skills this was golden. Even though it was a rainy day, I truly had a shit ton of fun working on everyone's projects and I think ours turned out the best.

(1st) Assignment Five - 48 Hour Video Race
This was a tough decision to say it was my favorite. The reason I took this class was because of this project. But with certain circumstances like my computer crashing, having to work and go to school on top of doing this I was rushed. I didn't think I would have had time to do it all but even though I was late (luckily we didn't start on time) I got it done. And the outcome was great. I had a lot of fun doing this assignment and racing around like a mad man trying to get my footage. The only downer was how Joselyn stole my score.... cheatas.

(6th) Assignment Six - Found Footage/ Culture Jamming
This was probably my my least favorite assignment. I guess probably because I had to do pretty much the same thing in FST331, only this one had to be shorter. I probably could have gotten different footage for both assignments but it was much easier for me with everything going on to use the same footage and just do two different edits for each class. I found that audio levels on clips from youtube.com suck though and it through off some of my clips and they were almost unable to hear. If I had more time I feel I would have been more devoted to this project, but I kind of just did what I could in the time I had and tried my best. Just glad to get it done.



-----------
Well... this is the end of the semester and the end of my blogs. I'd say its been fun, but it actually has just been a lot of writing... the fun times were in the class room. Anyway, this was a great experience and I am glad I got the opportunty to take sixbyone before I graduate. Good luck future sixbyoners... you have no idea what you just got yourself into.

LWR OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment